Destination Docklands Limited (DDL) creates, implements and evaluates cooperative marketing and public relations campaigns and events for Docklands.
DDL aims to broaden the exposure of Docklands to local, intrastate, interstate and international markets. Whilst concentrating on this, DDL also works on generating financial efficiencies and maximising marketing opportunities.
DDL has the support of Docklands stakeholders such as City of Melbourne, Places Victoria (successor to VicUrban), ING Real Estate, Atlantic Group, MAB, Mirvac, Lend Lease and other Docklands groups such as Docklands Chamber of Commerce and Docklands Community Association, working together to put forward a year round marketing and events program.
Docklands is an evolving precinct within Melbourne currently half-way through its development into a living, working, retail and entertainment precinct.
There are 12 voluntary directors on the board who manage the Organisation as well as a full time CEO, full time Destination Communications and Event Activation Manager and external Event Contractors.
DDL began in June 2010. Its objectives for the organisation were limited to:
- Set up the organisation, its systems, board and management
- Develop four seasonal campaigns under a pay to play model
The objectives were successfully achieved and in 2013 the Organisation aims to develop its role and leadership position.
Our Vision is to inspire Docklands business and government stakeholders to promote the precinct in a unified way and to ensure comprehension of brand positioning and growth in visitation, profile and investment.
Our Mission is for Destination Docklands to be the lead marketing body within Docklands.
This mission statement will be accomplished by
- Working with stakeholders to position the Docklands brand
- Coordinating the Docklands marketing effort
- Harnessing public and private sector expenditure and resources
- Promoting the destination (primary) and investment offerings (secondary) in Docklands to drive visitation, profile and investment opportunities
The goals used to reach these Vision and Mission and objectives are:
- Build Docklands industry and government stakeholder participation through integrated cooperative marketing, events and PR
- Lead the conversation on Docklands marketing integration and remove overlap
- Work with stakeholders to create a pulse, sense of vibrancy within Docklands
- Gain commitment from industry / stakeholders to invest in unified activities in Docklands
- Lead a cohesive Docklands marketing plan and keep Docklands business and stakeholders informed on programs
- Develop DDL to be financially sustainable and an effective operation at Board and management level.